Collect & Connect: ORCID Intergration Demo
ORCID is an independent non-profit effort to provide an open registry of unique researcher identifiers and open services to link research activities and organizations to these identifiers. Learn more at ORCID
Create or Connect to your ORCID iD
- Click on the Ceate or Connect ORCID link above to either verify your ORCID id or to create one.
- Clicking on the link will take you to ORCID authentication page.
- You should enter your existing ORCID username and password or create a new ORCID account.
- Once you are logged in, ORCID will ask you to authorise THIS application to obtain your authenticted ORCID details.
- Click accept and this will bring you back to this application which will display your ORCID id as well as a some authentication information.
- This information will be stored in our database against your record.
- In the unlikely case that you have linked to the wrong ORCID id, you can remove your ORCID id from our system by visiting the "delete" page or contact help desk.
To run this demo it is assumed that you have created an orcid sandbox account using the instructions provided at ORCID Boot Camp.
Clicking on the connect link should take you to the orcid sandbox authorisation page.
Code for this demo can be viewed in Github
This demo example is referenced in ORCID code examples page.